Texas’ 2011 real estate wealth was valued at $1.6 trillion or $65,432 worth of real estate for every Texan, regardless of age. That’s up 86.7 percent from the $35,055 in 1997.
Six tips that tell you it’s time
If you are thinking about buying, you’re not alone. So are you ready to make the move? You might be if you:
1. Are familiar with the market.
// 2. Have the money for a down payment and closing costs.
3. Know how much you can afford.
4. Know what additional expenses will come with owning a home.
5. Have your credit in good shape and make sure your credit report is accurate.
6. You haven’t made any recent major purchases, particularly a vehicle.